Lip seals which are designed specially for the application are used whenever shafts rotate - whether it is for retaining lubricants, excluding contaminents or to separate fluids.
Our product line offers Garlock Klozure® oil seals, which are in general produced from standard rubber materials like nitrile, EPDM, Viton.
Working under difficult conditions Garlock has developed a special Mill-Right® elastomers (N, ES ja V) line, which lasts excellently abrasive environment, high shaft speed and higher temperatures.
They are used in steel mills, mining, pulp and paper plants, marine, etc.
First line represents oil seals with metal flanges.
Second line represents oil seals with rubber flanges.
Third line represents split oil seals.
Due to special lip fastening and used material (GYLON®) PS-SEAL® gasket can handle the pressure up to 10 bar. The seal is manufactured specially for reliable sealing of fast rotating shafts. It is designed for high pressures and temperatures and meant also for usage in aggressive enviroment. PS-SEAL® can also be an alternative sealing solution instead of gland packing and mechanical seal.
- capable of handling high peripheral speeds up to 45 m/s
- suitable for a temperature range of - 60 °C to + 260 °C
- outstanding resistance to chemical media (pH 0-14)
- can handle both pressure and vacuum
- can be used in the food and drinks industry and in the pharmaceuticals industry
- good dry-running characteristics
- low friction
- good resistance to wear and tear
- complies with requirements of the Directive 94/9/EC (ATEX)